Capilano Suspension Bridge Park is one of the top tourist attractions in Vancouver. Light Owl has been privileged to light various components of the park to increase guest safety and enjoyment.
Lighting Approach / Techniques
To increase guest safety we added under step directional lights to give a clear indication of potential tripping hazards around the park. At night this light also has the added benefit of creating a majestic atmosphere as you walk through the dimly lit forest. The landscape lighting was added to highlight certain large old-growth trees and bring awareness to other beautiful natural elements found within the park.
Here’s a list of lighting techniques we used to produce this elegant result:
- Under-mount lighting for the steps
- Uplighting for trees
- Accent uplighting for the small shrubs
- Path lighting for a route through the park
- Underwater lighting to give the ponds a unique glow
- General safety lighting to prevent acccidents